Department of Insurance Securities and Banking
The Captive Insurance Company Act of 2004 provides significant new opportunities for businesses to insure themselves instead of seeking insurance in the commercial market. A captive insurance company, or captive, is an insurance company that is formed to insure the risks of its owners.
The following information can be found on the DC Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking (DISB) web site, click here to access.
- Captive Insurance Company Application [PDF]
- Biographical Affidavit [PDF]
- Financial Pro Forma Template (Required) [MS Excel]
- Sample Letter of Credit Form [MS Word]
- Individual Certified Public Accountant Application [PDF]
- Actuary Application [PDF]
- Application for Approval as a Captive Manager [PDF]
- Certificate of Authority Renewal Form [PDF]
For a list of approved Captive Managers, click here
For a list of licensed captives, click here.
RRG Statutory Changes